NUCATS Resource Directory
Explores and validates feasibility for clinical studies across many CTSA sites.
The ACT Network is a real-time platform allowing researchers to explore and validate feasibility for clinical studies across many of the NCATS Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) sites, from their desktops. ACT helps researchers design and complete clinical studies and is secure, HIPAA-compliant and IRB-approved.
Adobe Creative Cloud for Recruitment
Annotated Form Sets
Visual resources for understanding many of the business rule checks NIH will run against your submitted application.
ARCC Dr. Virginia Bishop Community-Academic Research Partnership Award
The Alliance for Research in Chicagoland Communities established the Community-Engaged Research Partnership Award to recognize to recognize exemplary partnerships that use a community-engaged research approach to impact the health of their community. In 2022, the award was renamed to honor the leadership and partnerships of the late Dr. Virginia Bishop. Dr. “Gini” Bishop, who passed away in February 2020, co-founded ARCC and served as ARCC’s co-director from 2007 – 2010.
ARCC Resource Directory
The Alliance for Research in Chicagoland Communities (ARCC) Resource Directory provides materials and resources to help interested community and faith-based organizations and academic partners to learn about how they can build capacity to conduct community-engaged research and support building, strengthening, and sustaining their partnership.
ARCC Seed Grant Program
The Alliance for Research in Chicagoland Communities (ARCC) and Northwestern University Clinical & Translational Sciences Institute (NUCATS) in partnership with Northwestern Memorial Hospital (NMH) fund seed grants that support the development and capacity of community-driven partnerships to improve health equity.
Biostatistics Collaboration Center (BCC)
Provides expertise in biostatistics, statistical programing and data management.
Many of Northwestern University's Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Research Design (BERD) activities take place within the Biostatistics Collaboration Center (BCC). The BCC is a resource for investigators with biostatistical, epidemiological, programming and data management support needs.
Specific areas of BCC expertise include statistical genetics, clinical trial design and longitudinal, multilevel and survival analysis. The BCC consists of PhD faculty and master’s-level statisticians who are committed to and experienced in collaborating with clinical and translational investigators. Learn more about how NUCATS works with BERD and the BCC, or visit the BCC website for more information.
CCR Finance Unit
Assists investigators and study teams with finance-related activities by negotiating budgets and helping to finalize contracts.
The Finance Unit of CCR assists investigators and study teams with finance-related activities by negotiating budgets and working closely with the Office of Sponsored Research to finalize contracts. Additional services include:
- Budgets preparation for clinical trials
- Review of financial sections of the clinical trial agreement
- Supervision of study-related invoicing and collections to ensure that sponsors have properly reimbursed investigators for research services (available upon request) including invoicing for startup costs
- Completion and submission of forms to the OSR with regular follow-up
CCR also offers assistance in navigating the resources and services available at Northwestern for clinical investigators and for proper and timely participation in ClinicalTrials.gov. There are fees for some of these services. To learn more about how we can help you, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CCR Regulatory Unit
Assists investigators with meeting essential regulatory activities and provides training, mentoring and general support to their research staff.
The Regulatory Unit of CCR assists investigators with meeting essential regulatory activities and provides training, mentoring and general support to their research staff. Services include:
- IRB submission of new protocols and amendments
- Preparation and negotiation of informed consent documents
- Completion of ancillary requirements, including assisting with regulatory matters during monitor visits
- Assembly of regulatory binders
The Regulatory Unit also closely collaborates with the IRB at Northwestern University and Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago. These partnerships have led to marked efficiencies and innovative approaches in regulatory compliance, including the development of processes for the use of external (third-party) IRBs, a first for NUCATS, and joint pediatric-adult IRB panel for studies in which participants are seen at both Northwestern and Lurie Children’s facilities.
Other useful resources include:
- Support for ClinicalTrials.gov
For ClinicalTrials.gov registration and reporting requirements, contact ClinicalTrials.email@example.com.
- Northwestern IRB
Access helpful templates, policies and IRB training opportunities.
Center for Clinical Research (CCR)
Complete the intake form to request CCR services, including study advertisement support.
Search the Resource Directory for:
- NMH Clinical Research Unit
- Lurie Children's Clinical Research Unit
- Regulatory Support
- Recruitment Support
- Budget & Finance Support
The Center is here to help you address your study needs, large or small. CCR works closely with local Institutional Review Boards (IRB) at Northwestern University and Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital as well as external IRB offices to reduce investigator burden, share best practices, maximize quality and efficiency of all programs and quickly resolve issues when they arise. If you are not sure where to start, request a virtual Studio Consultation for an opportunity to learn how CCR services can help with your research project.
Center for Community Health (CCH)
Supports meaningful community engagement across the research spectrum.
- Stakeholder-Academic Resource Panels (ShARPs): Custom panels that bring together community stakeholders with professional and/or personal expertise related to a research project.
- Alliance for Research in Chicagoland Communities (ARCC): Supports authentic community-academic research partnerships that benefit the people being researched and improve health and equity.
- Northwestern Primary Care Practice-Based Research Program (NP3): Fosters collaboration between community-based primary care clinicians and Northwestern scientists.
Center for Prevention Implementation Methodology
Ce-PIM is a national resource in the emerging field of implementation science, specifically in developing and applying implementation methodology to prevent HIV transmission and drug abuse.
Chicago CTSA Shared Resources
The Chicagoland Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) institutes (NUCATS, ITM and CCTS) are committed to facilitating greater integration and coordination across the institutes to provide seamless access to all relevant resources for translational researchers.
- Essentials of Patient-Oriented Research training
- myCHOICE (Chicago Options in Career Empowerment)public seminars
- Summer Program in Outcomes Research Training
Contact: Sara Serritella
UIC Center for Clinical and Translational Science
- Community Engagement Advisory Board consultations
- Community Engagement Toolbox
- CIRTification: Human Research Protection for Community Research Partners
- “Informed Consent in Action” Online Training Videos
- Best Practice Hour seminar series
- Master Class series — Designed to help clinicians, research coordinators/specialists and other health research personnel develop a better understanding of conducting human subjects research
- PI Toolkit
- Research Methods Course
- Health Disparities Research Online Certificate Program (offered through Chicago Metropolitan Exchange)
Contact: Lauren Rieger
Chicago Tribune Advertising
Get started with a Chicago Tribune ad for your study.
- Contact Patti Sullivan to request a Chicago Tribune ad campaign.
- Chicago Tribune Media Group Studio
- Chicago Tribune Circulation
- Chicago Tribune Deadlines
- Chicago Tribune Rates
Clinical Research Conferences & Professional Organizations
Events and groups for clinical research staff.
Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) Basic Training
This online training program provides practical information to coordinators.
Clinical Research Units
The NMH Clinical Research Unit (CRU) and CRU Core Lab are part of NUCATS. The CRU supports Northwestern Medicine’s research mission by providing research specific nursing and laboratory services for the implementation of clinical trials and other clinical research, increasing their availability to participants.
The CRU at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago is a child- and family-friendly environment that offers eight outpatient private exam rooms, six dedicated inpatient beds and a consultation room.
ClinicalTrials.gov is a Web-based resource that provides patients, their family members, health care professionals, researchers, and the public with easy access to information on publicly and privately supported clinical studies on a wide range of diseases and conditions.
Clinical Trials Listings
Links to clinical trials listed across Feinberg sites and our affiliates.
- Feinberg School of Medicine Trials
- The New Normal Movement was launched to increase awareness of and participation in health research for the first time on a large scale in the Chicago region. Additional information can be found by search the NUCATS Resource Directory.
- ResearchMatch is a nationwide online participants recruitment registry and a feasibility tool for researchers. The registry is available in English and Spanish. Additional information can be found by search the NUCATS Resource Directory.
- Northwestern Medicine Clinical Trials
- COVID-19 Clinical Trials
- Types of Cancer: Disease-Specific Lists
NUCATS software that supports internal grant competitions.
Continuing Education Opportunities at Northwestern
Tuition benefit information and relevant programs.
CTA Ad Requests & Options
Determine the best way to advertise your research study to commuters.
Complete the CCR Intake Form to start the ad placement process.
Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) and PACE: Here is how to get started with a CTA ad requestCommuter Profiles and Service Lines: Review the bus and train lines to determine where to place your research study ad
- CTA Ridership Reports
- CTA Bus Garage
- CTA Rail Lines
- CTA Bus and Rail Ad Rates
- Union Station Ad Rates
- Adobe Stock Photos and Interior Ad Templates
- Branding Guidelines for Northwestern, Feinberg, and Affiliates
- CTA Ad Specifications
- Union Station Ad Specifications
A place for the university to deposit, preserve and disseminate a wide range of scholarly outputs.
See our extensive guide on DigitalHub, which includes these topics:
- Overview of DigitalHub
- Getting Started with DigitalHub
- Institutional-Level Collections
- Communication and Outreach
Dissemination & Implementation Pilot Awards
NOTE: The Translational Science Pilot Awards mechanism combines, replaces, and builds on the two prior NUCATS pilot funding mechanisms: Clinical and Translational Pilot Awards and Dissemination and Implementation Pilot Awards. Proposals may request funding for CTR, D&I, or hybrid effectiveness-implementation studies that encompass both CTR and D&I.
The NUCATS Dissemination & Implementation Pilot Awards initiative seeks proposals that explore innovative approaches to the dissemination and implementation (D&I) of research findings that address the gap between research discoveries and the translation of this knowledge into evidence-based programs, practices or policies in the clinic or community to improve public health.
Dixon Translational Research Grants
The Dixon Translational Research Grants initiative seeks proposals for innovative, multidisciplinary clinical and translational research collaborations at Northwestern Medicine that can make an impact in medical science at a national level.
Feasibility Query Tool (NMEDW, i2b2)
The i2b2 (Informatics for Integrating Biology & the Bedside) web-based tool allows scientists, students, and staff to develop and run simple queries against a subset of data in the NMEDW. This gives users the ability to quickly determine the feasibility of conducting a study.
i2b2 lets you look for the number of patients that have been diagnosed with a disease, had a procedure, meet certain demographic criteria, had a laboratory result and were prescribed to a medication. Currently, only these variables are available to be searched. It can help you quickly determine the feasibility of conducting a research study or clinical trial and iteratively work through hypothesis generation by modifying your own searches.
The i2b2 system is already available to all Northwestern University researchers and affiliates. You can access i2b2 here from the NU Network or VPN. If you need help using i2b2 or have questions about your results, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register for a new user account here
- Once your account has been created, log in to the new i2b2 query tool here
- Download the step-by-step guide with instructions
Feinberg Research Cores
See all of the medical school's affiliated cores.
Feinberg Research Pilot Funding Directory
A full list of pilot and seed grant opportunities at the medical school.
Feinberg School of Medicine Faculty Profiles
Search for an expert, locate scientific collaborators or identify a mentor for your training experience.
Use Office of Communications templates to create recruitment advertisement materials.
Galter Health Sciences Library & Learning Center
Provides dedicated support services relevant to the NUCATS mission.
Good Clinical Practice Training
Good Clinical Practice (GCP) is an international, ethical and scientific quality standard for designing, conducting, recording and reporting trials that involve the participation of human subjects. Compliance with this standard provides public assurance that the rights, safety and well-being of trial subjects are protected, consistent with the principles that have their origin in the Declaration of Helsinki and that the clinical trial data are credible.
Grant Writing Coaching Groups
- The style and expectation of proposal writing are very complex. To teach the style and content of proposal writing, Rick McGee, PhD, associate dean for Professional Development, has developed a novel grant writing coaching group approach that builds upon highly effective tools of teaching and learning.
- For more information, or to be added to the list of those to be notified every four months when groups are forming, contact McGee at email@example.com or 312-503-1737.
Innovation, Commercialization & Entrepreneurship
The Center for Translational Innovation (CTI) offers expertise in areas of technology commercialization and innovation. Whether it’s a new faculty looking to get their innovation to the bedside or a seasoned innovator looking to create a business, CTI can provide counsel, guidance and resources to propel this process to successful outcomes.
Institutional Review Board (IRB) Recruitment Guidelines
Throughout the lifecycle of a research study, many regulations, policies, and standard operating procedures apply – from the initial submission, through continuing reviews and modifications, and finally to study closure. Our resources can provide navigation for the research community, as well as for IRB analysts and reviewers.
Joseph & Dorothy Giddan Child Health Research Awards
The Joseph & Dorothy Giddan Child Health Research Awards initiative is seeking proposals for highly innovative, lab-based basic or lab-based translational research projects that expand the knowledgebase in the field of child health.
KL2 Award for Early-Career Faculty
The Multidisciplinary Career Development Program (KL2) is a National Center for Advancing Translational Science (NCATS)-sponsored career development award supporting early-career faculty at Northwestern.
Web-based platform to facilitate the assembly of teams.
Navigating the Research Enterprise
Navigating the Research Enterprise is a weekly seminar series for early-career faculty and postdoctoral fellows designed to provide the support needed to focus on developing the key skills young scientists require to progress beyond just doing good research.
- The fall 2022 seminar series begins September 19, 2022
- View the 2022 syllabus
- Registration can be accessed via the NUCATS Service Request and Registration Form
NMEDW Pilot Data Program
The Northwestern Medicine Enterprise Data Warehouse (NMEDW) Pilot Data Program is an initiative to help less-established investigators jump-start unfunded research projects.
NMH Clinical Research Unit Pre-Submission Draft Budget Tool
Northwestern's IRB (eIRB+)
Resources to help you properly manage regulatory requirements.
- Initial Study Submission in eIRB+
- Submit a Continuing Review (CR) in eIRB+
- Submit a Modification (MOD) in eIRB+
- Submit a Combination CR + MOD in eIRB+
- Submit Reportable New Information (RNI) in eIRB+
- Terminate a Study in eIRB+
- For support, contact Sharnia Lashley at 312-503-4128 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northwestern Medicine Clinical Innovation Awards
The Northwestern Medicine (NM) Clinical Innovation Awards Initiative is seeking proposals that advance translational research projects or support early, novel scientific ideas that have the potential to transform the practice of medicine.
Northwestern Medicine Enterprise Data Warehouse (NMEDW)
Northwestern Medicine Enterprise Data Warehouse (NMEDW) was designed create a single, comprehensive and integrated repository of all clinical and research data sources on the campus to facilitate research, clinical quality, healthcare operations and medical education.
The primary ways to use the NMEDW for research are:
- i2b2 Feasibility Query Tool: A self-service tool for investigators to explore cohort availability.
- NMEDW Data Analysts: Use the research data request form to contact the analyst team. The fee to work with an NMEDW analyst is $85/hour, and the average charge for a research request is $1,020 (12 hours).
- NMEDW Pilot Data Program: A grant that allows young investigators to obtain feasibility or early pilot data in order to seek sustained funding.
Powerusers :Individualswho have skills using advanced database languages can apply via email to become a Poweruser and be granted direct access to the NMEDW.
- Learn more about the EDW Exception Process via the FAQ on the NMEDW page.
A searchable database of expertise across all disciplines at Northwestern University.
Northwestern University Core Facilities Administration
Includes a list of all university cores.
Northwestern University Data & Analysis Coordinating Center (NUDACC)
Works to harmonize all components of the clinical research study life cycle for multicenter clinical trials and observational studies.
Northwestern University Research Integrity
Identifies and works to minimize research risks.
NP3 Seed Grants
The Northwestern Primary Care Practice-Based Research Program (NP3) awards seed grants each year to Northwestern University scientists and their partner primary care clinicians and practices. The partnerships should be working in a research area of interest or on a specific study that addresses an issue of importance to primary care.
NUCATS Grants Repository
A collection of funded training, career and research grant applications and other useful tools.
Please submit inquiries via the Navigator Portal for inquires, we will respond quickly to offer assistance.
You can use the Navigator Portal to:
- Register as a NUCATS member
- Submit a NUCATS Navigator question
- Request a copy of the NUCATS-maintained Facilities & Other Resources document
- Request a letter of support from NUCATS director Dr. Rich D'Aquila
- Request a NUCATS Grant Development, Implementation Studio Consultation
- Promote an event, funding opportunity, scientific opportunity and/or major grant, honor or award
The centralized ordering system for all shared facilities at Northwestern University.
Open Source Projects
Publically available source code for systems developed by NUCATS.
- GitHub: multiple applications and libraries
- Bioconductor: two packages, lumi and MassSpecWavelet
An ontology-driven application for representing scholarship.
Professional Development Trainings
Ongoing professional development resources available through myHR Learn at any time.
- Human Subjects Protections Module – myHR Learn ID: 00004520
- Research with Genetic Material – myHR Learn ID: 00004522
- Financial Conflict of Interest – myHR Learn ID: 00004460
- Research Misconduct – myHR Learn ID: 00002480
- Unconscious Bias – myHR Learn ID: 208938030
- Research design and Analysis Methods Program (RAMP) modules:
- Data Along the Research Path – myHR Learn ID: NUCATS –RAMP-101
- The Mysterious Math of Medical Research – myHR Learn ID: NUCATS –RAMP-102
- Patient Reported Outcomes — Measuring Subjective Experience – myHR Learn ID: NUCATS –RAMP-103
- Day-to-Day Statistical Issues in Clinical Trials – myHR Learn ID: NUCATS –RAMP-104
Quartet Print Services
In-house copying and digital printing needs for research teams.
REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) is a secure, web-based application for building and managing online data capture for research studies.
- REDCap page
- Search this Resource Directory by "REDCap" for a list of related resources
Get click-by-click instructions.
REDCap Office Hours
Schedule an appointment or email email@example.com for support.
Read training and usage manuals for support.
- New Project Owner Training (request access via email)
- eConsent 21 CFR Part 11 Training
- REDCap Usage Guide
- REDCap Troubleshooting Guide
- REDCap & 21 CFR Part 11 eConsent Compliance Guide
- 21 CFR Part 11 Compliance Framework for FDA Studies
- Webinar: REDCap Access & Overview
- Webinar: REDCap: Overview, eConsenting, & Regulatory Considerations
- Workshop: REDCap for Data Capture in Clinical Studies (Biostatistics Collaboration Center)
- Webinar: Detailed Guidance on eConsenting in REDCap (NetID & VPN required)
- REDCap Embedded training videos (REDCap login required)
- REDCap Embedded Help & FAQ (REDCap login required)
- Data Management Training Resources
Request a Letter of Support
Request a letter of support from NUCATS Director Rich D'Aquila, MD.
Research Ethics & Good Clinical Practices
List of resources for clinical staff regarding policies, regulations and more.
- Feinberg School of Medicine Office for Regulatory Affairs
- Northwestern University Office for Research Integrity
- Feinberg School of Medicine's Human Research Quality Assurance Policy
- Northwestern’s Conflict of Interest Policies
- Feinberg’s Disclosure & Professional Integrity Policy
- Feinberg’s Quality Assurance Review Program
- Feinberg Research Policies
- Feinberg Clinical Research Participant & Study Information Tracking Policy
- Northwestern’s IRB Policies, including no “cold-calling" for recruitment
- Northwestern’s IRB Regulatory Agencies
- Regulations Relating to Good Clinical Practice and Clinical Trials
Online participant recruitment registery and feasibility analysis tool.
Research Recruitment Trackers
Worksheets to keep track of recruitment sources and budget.
These worksheets are only a guide. The prefilled categories should be substituted for your clinical trial specifications.
Sample Team Science Letters & Agreements
Get the templates.
SharePoint is an online content and document management tool available for students, faculty, and staff to create web sites and manage file libraries.
Designed to ease common challenges associated with initiating multisite research and to provide a roadmap for institutions to implement the NIH Single IRB Review policy.
Social Media Recruitment Advertising Strategies
Best practices for online recruitment platforms and toolkits to create advertisements.
- Facebook Recruitment
- Google Recruitment
- Craigslist Recruitment
- Twitter Recruitment
- LinkedIn Recruitment
- For help, email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to create digital and social media pages.
Spark (Social Media Content Creation)
Quickly and easily make standout content from thousands of beautiful templates.
Stakeholder-Academic Resource Panels (ShARPs)
Stakeholder-Academic Resource Panels (ShARPs) are custom panels that bring together 8-10 community stakeholders with professional and/or personal expertise related to a research project. These community experts offer feedback on adaptations that can improve research relevance, feasibility, and/or dissemination opportunities.
Standard Operating Procedures with the IRB
The latest protocols, forms, policies and more.
Stanley Manne Children’s Research Institute
The mission of Stanley Manne Children’s Research Institute at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago is to generate new knowledge and translate advancements in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases that affect children’s health through adolescence and adulthood. The Research Resources page provides information about Research Administration offices, shared services, and resources available to faculty, staff, and trainees engaged in research at Stanley Manne Children's Research Institute.
These 60-minute meetings can help investigators identify relevant resources that can help support and enhance grant submissions.
Study Tracker is a set of web-based clinical research tools help to improve efficiency, safety and security for subjects in scientific studies. Study Tracker has logged more than 6,000 studies with nearly 80,000 patient accruals.
Study Tracker News & Notes Newsletter
Read the latest issue and email email@example.com to join the list.
Study Tracker Office Hours
Register for a one-on-one support meeting by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Study Tracker Policies & Guides
Download the PDFs.
- Access Program Manual
- eConsent Study Tracker Push/Pull Feature from REDCap
- EDW Exception Workflow
- EDW Exception Process FAQ
- Enrollment Status
- Epic Record Creation Reference Guide
- Epic Sync Handout
- Feinberg Clinical Research Participant and Study Information Tracking Policy
- Feinberg Complion Policy
- NMHC Linking Encounter from Research Dashboard
- NMHC Linking Encounter from Outside of Dashboard
- NMHC Research Workflow Training (slides) 12/22
- Non-Employee Research Manual
- Organization (ORG) Access Reference Guide
- Recruitment Document
- NM Research Privacy and Confidentiality Policy
- Research Workflow in Epic and Study Tracker Guide
- Study Budget Setup Guide
- NMHC Investigational Drug Policy
Faculty are likely to seek out survey tools for their research, and administrators are encouraged to make faculty aware of two excellent (and free!) options: REDCap and Qualtrics.
An interactive, open suite of e-learning resources designed to foster learning and skill development in Team Science.
Team Science Conferences
Attend an upcoming Team Science conference.
- International Science of Team Science Conference
- International Transdisciplinarity Conference
- HICSS (Collaboration Systems & Technologies; Organizational Systems & Technologies tracks)
- National Communication Association
- American Evaluation Association
- American Public Health Association
- NSF EPSCoR
Team Science Presentations
YouTube videos of Team Science presentations.
Team Science Promotion & Tenure Guidelines
A collection of articles related to how collaborative work features into promotion and tenure.
- A comprehensive review of the literature across all disciplines and includes concrete recommendations for recognizing interdisciplinary and collaborative work in promotion and tenure: Klein, J.T. & Falk-Krzesinski, H.J. Interdisciplinary and collaborative work: Framing promotion and tenure practices and policies. Res. Policy (2017)
- The wide-ranging guide from The American Psychological Association (APA) describes principles and best practices for interdisciplinary joint faculty appointments: Appointment, Tenure, Promotion and Merit Review Considerations for Psychologists with Joint Faculty Appointments and Involvement in Interdisciplinary/Multidisciplinary Research and Scholarship: A Resource Document (2014).
- Recommendations from The Canadian Academy of Health Sciences on how to improve evaluation and recognition of the contributions of individuals for work done within research teams: Academic Recognition of Team Science: How to Optimize the Canadian Academic System. Report (2017)
- “Reward & Recognition, Promotion and Tenure” folder within the Science of Team Science reference library group on Mendeley has up to date list of publications on the topic.
The Open Science Framework
A free collaboration tool for scientists across the entire research lifecycle.
The Science of Team Science Guides & Articles
A collection of articles about the science of Team Science.
TL1 Award for Postdoctoral Fellows
The Multidisciplinary Training Program in Child & Adolescent Health (TL1) is a National Center for Advancing Translational Science (NCATS)-funded training program that seeks to promote interactions among both mentors and trainees in pediatrics and engineering to encourage creative thinking and new approaches in child-health research.
Training (TL1, KL2)
Translational Science Pilot Awards
An online communication and collaboration platform open to anyone involved in science.
A web-based project management tool that makes it easy for teams to work together.
Trial Advertisement Flyer Posting Locations
Places to post IRB-approved clinical trial flyers on and off campus.
Trial Innovation Network (TIN)
The Trial Innovation Network (TIN) is a collaborative initiative from the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences at the National Institutes of Health.
Web-Based Recruitment Portals
NUCATS offers free public recruitment portals to ensure your study is online accessible.
- The New Normal was launched to increase awareness of and participation in health research for the first time on a large scale in the Chicago region.
- We strongly advise reviewing all resources documentation below for a seamless study entry and activation process.
- The New Normal (TNN) Northwestern University Study Requirements
- TNN Match Multi-Site Study Guidelines
- Learn how to connect with the public through this writing workshop and communicate your research at an approachable 7th grade reading level.
- Review the TNN “Submit” Resource page for information on Northwestern’s portal page.
- Please note: Submission of a REDCap application is required to initiate the study approval process after creating the description into TNN Match.
- Guidance on how to manage TNN Match for researchers, contact Toddie Hays
- General TNN Match system errors contact the help desk at email@example.com
- We strongly advise reviewing all resources documentation below for a seamless study entry and activation process.
- ResearchMatch is a nationwide online participants recruitment registry and a feasibility tool for researchers. The registry is available in English and Spanish.
- Register as a Researcher
- ResearchMatch Overview
- ResearchMatch Training Slides
- Template Language for IRB Applications
- General ResearchMatch questions email the help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
An internal social networking tool to make it easy to communicate and collaborate within the university.