Mentor Training Certificate Program
The Mentor Training Certificate Program consists of in-person and online workshops designed to train faculty in becoming effective clinical and translational research mentors. Requirements to obtain this certificate are outlined below.
This program is open to all faculty across all ranks and tracks who hold appointments in the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine. Faculty in other colleges may participate if they are engaged in biomedical research. Please email Morgan Barrowman if you would like to enroll in the Mentor Training Certificate Program.
All requirements must be completed within three years to be eligible to "count" toward the certificate.
Please see the 2023-2024 schedule on the Developing and Enhancing Mentoring Relationships webpage.
Note: To receive credit for any given workshop, you must attend the full 90-minute session and complete the corresponding session evaluation.
Attend All 3 Required 90-Minute Workshops (4.5 Hours)
- Establishing and Aligning Expectations
- Cultural Awareness to Enhance Mentoring Across Differences
- Articulating your Mentoring Philosophy and Plan
Required workshops will be offered annually.
Attend 3 Additional 90-Minute Elective Workshops (4.5 Hours)
Elective workshops will be offered throughout the year (5 per year); topics for elective sessions vary each academic year. Please see the annual schedule to learn about this year’s offerings.
- Complete Baseline Survey at the start of the program (prior to the first session you attend).
- Complete evaluations for every session for which you are seeking "credit" (within one week of session attended).
- Complete NUCATS Mentoring annual surveys for the year(s) in which you are in the certificate program.