Funding Opportunities for Training
We offer programming and support for multiple National Institutes of Health (NIH) awards, as well as resources and a pathway for obtaining NIH diversity supplements.
- KL2 - Multidisciplinary Career Development Program
This career development award supports early-career faculty at Northwestern.
- TL1 - Multidisciplinary Training Program in Child & Adolescent Health
The TL1 program seeks to encourage creative thinking in child-health research.
NIH Diversity Supplements are designed to support individuals from diverse backgrounds throughout the continuum from high school to the faculty level.
Science Immersion Program
The Science Immersion Program offers hands-on, paid laboratory experience to masters-level students for 10 weeks during the summer. Visit the program page to learn more.
Additional Early Career Development Awards
Browse our list of alternate career development programs available for early-career faculty:
- Pepper Scholars Program: A robust program to guide trainees in successfully launching their research careers in caring for older adults with MCC.
- Third Coast HIV-Related Cardiovascular & Sleep Disorders K12 Career Development Program: Supports the development of investigators in HIV research.
- Research Career Development Center at the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology: One of 20 sites recognized nationwide and funded by the NIH to be a Women’s Reproductive Health Research Career Development Center.