Grant Preparation and Consultation
NUCATS offers services and resources to support and enhance your grant submission. Whether you are applying for an RO1 or a U grant, we have services and resources that can help you and your team through the process.
- Studio Consultation: a service for investigators preparing a center/program grant (e.g., U, P, UG3/UH3) that brings together leadership from NUCATS and our clinical affiliates to identify relevant resources and help you and your team leverage existing infrastructure in order to be more competitive for federal funding. Learn more
- Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Research Design Consultation: an opportunity to meet with a statistician or statistical analyst and learn how the Biostatistics Collaboration Center can support your research
- Grant Writing Coaching Groups: writing effective NIH Research (R) and Career Development (K) proposals requires highly refined skills in research conceptualization, design, and writing. All of these skills are interconnected leading to the writing phase. But the style and expectation of proposal writing are very complex. To teach the style and content of proposal writing, Rick McGee, PhD, associate dean for Professional Development, has developed a novel grant writing coaching group approach that builds upon highly effective tools of teaching and learning.
- Resources & Environment boilerplate language: an up-to-date, editable document that can be included in your grant, detailing the resources and services provided by NUCATS, our clinical affiliates, and Northwestern University research cores and units
- Biostatistics Collaboration Center (BCC): a resource that provides biostatistics expertise in all aspects of research, including proposal development, study design, data management, statistical analysis and manuscript preparation
- NUCATS Grants Repository: a collection of funded training, career and research grant applications as well as other general stock language, proposal templates and tools.
- Submit your grant to the NUCATS Grants Repository
CTSA Network Services
- ACT Network: a real-time platform for multisite cohort discovery allowing researchers to explore and validate feasibility for clinical studies across many of the Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) hubs around the country
- Trial Innovation Network (TIN): a collaborative initiative offering resources to support study design, recruitment, data coordination and other initiatives for multi-center clinical trials
- SMART IRB: a platform designed to ease common challenges associated with initiating multisite research and to provide a roadmap for institutions to implement the NIH Single IRB Review policy
- Annotated Form Sets: a list of handy documents that are a great visual resource for understanding many of the business rule checks NIH will run against your submitted application
To learn more about these and other support services, connect with a NUCATS Navigator!