COVID-19 Symposia: Advancing Science through Multidisciplinary Collaborations
The NUCATS Institute invited the Northwestern research community to take part in a two-day COVID-19 Symposia that explored how multidisciplinary collaboration can advance scientific discovery. The event featured sessions on Thursday, November 19, and Friday, November 20.
Collaborative Innovation Awards RFA
NUCATS and it co-sponsors have released a Request for Applications as part of a competition for three $25,000 grants intended to fund COVID-19 research conducted by new, interdisciplinary collaborations initiated through the symposia. The application deadline is December 14.
Re-watch the Symposia
Each session features a keynote speaker and 5-minute lightning talks.
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Clinical and Translational Research: Fostering New Collaborations and Accelerating Progress from Bedside to Bench and Back
- Keynote Speaker: Richard Wunderink, MD
- Rising to the Challenge of COVID-19: Innovation in Diagnostics and Technology
- Keynote Speaker: Robert Murphy, MD
- COVID-19 and Injuries of Systemic Inequality: Trust, Transparency, and Inclusion
- Keynote Speaker: Jaline Gerardin, PhD
- COVID-19: A Search for Novel Therapies and Prevention Strategies
- Keynote Speaker: Douglas Vaughan, MD
Thank you to our event co-sponsors:
- Bluhm Cardiovascular Institute Clinical Trials Unit
- Emerging & Re-Emerging Pathogens Program (EREPP) in the Division of Infectious Diseases
- Feinberg School of Medicine Office of Research
- Institute for Public Health and Medicine