Center for Education & Career Development
The Center for Education and Career Development (CECD) is the home of Northwestern University’s education and career development activities and collaborates across Northwestern and our clinical partners to train the entire spectrum of the translational research workforce. Since 2008, CECD has developed and implemented over 14 programs to train a highly skilled research workforce, including early career faculty, post-doctoral fellows, scholars, trainees and clinical research professionals.
The Center includes the Multidisciplinary Mentored Career Development Program (KL2), a multi-disciplinary post-doctoral training program (TL1), two graduate programs, a robust Mentor Development Program, workshops and seminars for early career faculty at Northwestern and training programs for clinical research coordinators and study site staff. Visit our Education and Career Development section to learn more.
Mercedes Carnethon, PhD
- Co-Director, Center for Education and Career Development
Ravi Kalhan, MD
- Co-Director, CECD
- Director, Master of Science in Clinical Investigation Program
Phil Hockberger, PhD
- Co-Director, Leadership, Management, and Fiscal Strategies for Clinical Investigators
Daniel C. Lee, MD
- Co-Director, Taking Responsibility for the Responsible Conduct of Research Training
Richard McGee, Jr., PhD
- Director, Navigating the Research Enterprise Program and Taking Responsibility for the Responsible Conduct of Research Training
Sharon Rosenberg, MD
- Director, Good Clinical Practice and Research Staff Training