Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) Basic Training Live
Please click on the links below to access course information including:
General Program Information
- Register for CRC Basic Training Live Course
- Course Description
- Course Topics
- CE Credit and Certification
- Location, Schedule and Time
- Cost and Transfer/Cancellation Policies
- Course Reviews
- On-Site and Customized Training
- PreWork Reading and Assignments
- Course Materials
- CE Credit and Certification
- Location, Schedule and Time
This three-day intensive training program was designed to meet the needs of coordinators who have less than one year of experience or who have never received formal training. It is useful to anyone who requires a fast, thorough introduction to clinical research trial conduct, Good Clinical Practices (GCPs), and the federal regulations governing research. The class is geared toward providing practical information to get students "up and running" in the clinic, with many tools and templates to assist with study implementation. (Back to the top)
Course Topics include: Informed Consent; Clinical Trial Initiation and Budget Negotiation; FDA Forms and Procedures; Regulatory Documents and Binder Maintenance; Source Documents; Study Initiation and Close-Out Visits; Subject Recruitment, Compliance and Retention; Drug Compliance, Storage, and Documentation; IRBs, IRB Submissions, and HIPAA; Adverse Events and Safety Monitoring; Quality Assurance Audits and Monitor Visits;Preparing for FDA Audits. (Back to the top)
PreWork Reading and Assignment: This course includes approximately 20 hours of pre-session reading and assignments that must be completed prior to your first day of class. The pre-session reading and questions are essential to the design of the course as not all basic definitions and principles will be reviewed in detail during the three day session. We highly encourage the purchase of the course book (The CRC's Guide to Coordinating Clinical Research by Karen E. Woodin, PhD (author) and Sara Gambrill (editor) which will allow you to complete the reading and assignments as designed. You may also complete the pre-session assignment by utilizing external resources if you wish. The pre-session assignments (pre-work packet) can be downloaded from NUCATS Online after you have registered for the course. (Back to the top)
Course Materials: We highly encourage all students to purchase: The CRC's Guide to Coordinating Clinical Research (Second Edition) by Karen E. Woodin, PhD (author) and Sara Gambrill (editor) as the key text for this course and an ongoing, reliable reference. In addition, participants will be provided during the course with a binder of materials and tools to assist you in coordinating a research study. (Back to the top)
CE Credit and Certification: This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Northwestern University Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute. Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CPN 15198, for 20 continuing education contact hours. Please note that completion of this course will not provide students with certification as a CRC. One to two years of full-time work experience in the field are required before an individual is eligible to sit for the CRA or CRC certification exams.
Location, Schedule and Time (Back to the top)
- Driving directions to Northwestern's Chicago campus are available here.
- Hotel information near Northwestern's Chicago campus.
|Course Dates||Course Time||Course Location||Registration Deadline|
|November 4 - 6, 2013||8:00am - 5:00pm CST||750 N. Lake Shore Drive, 11th Floor, Chicago, IL 60611||October 25, 2013|
|February 10-12, 2014||8:00am - 5:00pm CST||750 N. Lake Shore Drive, 11th Floor, Chicago, IL 60611||January 31, 2014|
|May 12 - 14, 2014||8:00am - 5:00pm CST||750 N. Lake Shore Drive, 11th Floor, Chicago, IL 60611||April 2, 2014|
|August 11 - 13, 2014||8:00am - 5:00pm CST||750 N. Lake Shore Drive, 11th Floor, Chicago, IL 60611||August 1, 2014|
- Regular Rate: $995 per person
- Northwestern University and affiliate rate: $750 per person - please email nucats-ed@northwestern to receive a coupon code for checkout.
- Cancellations must be made before registration closes. Registration will close at 5pm CST two Fridays before the course start date. This is to allow students enough time to obtain the course book and complete the pre-session reading and assignments. A $35 cancellation fee will be applied to all cancellations made prior to registration closing. All cancellations after this will not be refunded.
- Transfers from CRC Basic Training Live to CRC Basic Training Online will be evaluated on a case by case basis, fees may apply. Transfer requests must be submitted by 9am CST the Wednesday before the course starts.
- Northwestern reserves the right to cancel any course with insufficient enrollment 7 days prior to the course start date. In such cases, all fees are refunded. (Back to the top)
Registration: You can register for this course online at NUCATS Online. Registration will close at 5pm (Central Time) TWO Fridays before the course start date to allow students enough time to obtain the book and complete the pre-session reading and assignments. If you have any questions regarding registration, please contact us at 312-503-7952. (Back to the top)
On-Site and Customized Training
On-site and customized sessions of this course can be scheduled at your institution. In addition to an experienced instructor, institutions booking a special session of the course will be provided with manuals and textbooks for all students. For more information and pricing, please contact our Office of Education and Training at 312-503-7952 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Back to the top)
Need more information? Contact one of our RESEARCH NAVIGATORS.