Participate in Clinical Research
If you are a faculty or staff member looking for help with conducting clinical research, please contact one of our Research Navigators.
Follow any of these steps to get involved:
1. Call us.
If you are interested in participating in health and wellness research at Northwestern, please call 1-855-NU-STUDY to speak with someone about your interests and available opportunities.
2. Browse active studies.
The Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine maintains a list of active clinical trials at the school and its clinical affiliates.
3. Register for a future study.
Join the NU Registry by answering a few simple survey questions. You may become eligible to be contacted for future research opportunities. Healthy people and people with illnesses are encouraged to register here. You can also visit ResearchMatch.org to sign up to be contacted by scientists across the nation who think you'll be a good match to their study. If you have questions or require assistance with using ResearchMatch, contact Ashley Sipocz.
Browse these links to learn more about clinical trials:
You can also get involved in clinical research through the following affiliates:
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
- Center for Behavioral Intervention Technologies
- Cognitive Neurology and Alzheimer Disease Center at Northwestern
- Department of Preventive Medicine
- Illinois Women's Health Registry
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital Research Studies
- Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University
- Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Directions for Participants
Northwestern Memorial Hospital Clinical Research Unit
251 E. Huron
10 Northeast Nursing Unit (10th floor)
- Take the Feinberg patient elevators to the 10th floor.
- When facing the hallway desk, turn left (east).
- Walk to the farmland painting.
- Enter the outpatient unit on the right of the farmland painting, and you’ll be greeted at the desk.
Galter Pavilion Satellite Unit
675 N. St. Clair
Room 11-120 (11th floor)
- Take the Galter Pavilion elevator bank (LC-13) to the 11th floor.
- After exiting the elevator, turn toward the public bathrooms and take a right (west).
- Take an immediate left across from the guest lounge and walk down the hallway toward the telephone sign.
- Across from the telephone sign is the Clinical Research Unit at the second door on the right (room 11-120). You’ll be greeted at the desk.
Lurie Children’s Hospital Clinical Research Unit
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
225 E. Chicago Ave., 21st floor
- Approach the concierge on the second floor and let them know you have an appointment at the CRU.
- A staff member will come down to greet you and escort you to the CRU.